HES-SO Genève invites applications to HEAD – Genève, Geneva School of Art and Design for the position of:
HES Part-time Lecturer in Fine Arts / Coordinator of the Bachelor’s Representation Option
Highly involved in the cultural life of the city, HEAD – Genève is a major art and design school in Switzerland with an internationally renowned profile. The Fine Arts Department of HEAD – Genève is organised into five BA options and three MA orientations. A range of theory and technical courses completes this structure. Specifically based on painting and drawing, the BA in Representation examines ways of thinking beyond the framework of the canvas or the sheet of drawing paper. Through the logic of the studio, this option engages in daily creation and theoretical questioning, and offers a broad apprehension of art and images taken in their aesthetic, cultural and socio-political context.
Employment rate: 50%
- Teaching on the BA in Representation, with a focus on painting and drawing in contemporary art.
- Definition of the educational programme of the option and of the guest lecturers (in collaboration with the members of the team and the Head of Department).
- Design, preparation and follow-up of artistic and cultural projects, in collaboration with the teaching staff (workshops, conferences, exhibitions, publications).
- Follow-up of the students’ studies, research, BA thesis and projects until graduation.
- Organisation of and participation in critical sessions, juries and evaluations.
- Participation in Departmental Councils.
- University or college education at BA or MA level or equivalent in the field of fine arts. National or international professional artistic reputation in the field may be recognised as equivalent to the required qualification.
- Development of an international artistic activity related to painting and drawing for at least 5 years.
- Good knowledge of the national and international contemporary art scene.
- Ability to lead students towards artistic research exploring the possibilities of painting and drawing techniques in their relationship with the wider field of contemporary art.
- Good knowledge of French and English.
- Good ability to work in a team.
Deadline for applications: 15 May 2022
Start date: 1 September 2022
Complete applications (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, list of publications/examples of personal work) should be sent in electronic form to: email@example.com for the attention of Jean-Pierre Greff, Director.
HES-SO Genève / Geneva University of Art and Design adopts a recruitment policy in favour of equal opportunities and diversity.